Chocolate Crispy Leaves
Embrace the festive spirit of December with our delectable Chocolate Crispy Leaves on Skewers! Transform a timeless family favourite into a delightful winter-themed treat that’s not just delicious but also perfect as a portable snack. These crispy cakes are shaped like leaves and adorned with intricate icing details, making them visually appealing and irresistibly tasty. Ideal for cozying up at home or taking along on a winter stroll, this easy recipe is sure to become a hit!
- 110g high-quality chocolate, broken into squares
- 50g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 50g golden syrup (such as Lyle's Golden Syrup)
- 75g breakfast cereal (combination of hoops and rice pops recommended)
- Black icing for decoration (optional)
- Wooden skewers for serving
- Start by setting up a bain marie: place a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Ensure that the bowl does not touch the water.
- Add chocolate squares, cubed unsalted butter, and golden syrup to the heatproof bowl. Allow the ingredients to melt together for approximately 5 minutes. Ensure that the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. Gradually and gently stir in the breakfast cereal until it's fully coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread it evenly and refrigerate for at least one hour, allowing it to set firmly.
- Once set, remove the tray from the fridge. Transfer the mixture onto a clean surface.
- Using a knife, carefully cut out leaf shapes from the set mixture. You should be able to create at least 4 delectable crispy leaves.
- For an authentic touch, use black icing to delicately draw veins on the leaves, mimicking real leaf patterns.
- Carefully insert wooden skewers into the base of each leaf, turning them into handy lollies.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later enjoyment.